Join our growing SaaS company!
With the recent deployment of our platform on Microsoft Azure and our Strategic Partnership with Microsoft, ipSCAPE is poised for incredible growth and so we are expanding our fantastic Development Team in Sydney.
Get to know us
ipSCAPE is a cloud-based Software as a Service (Saas) company with its head office in North Sydney and a large national presence servicing multiple government and enterprise clients across Australia. In addition, the company has expanded via international partners who distribute ipSCAPE software to clients in over 30 countries throughout Asia and Europe.
ipSCAPE offers multi-channel customer experience technology with feature-rich solutions and advanced integration capability with leading CRM and Business Intelligence applications. This functionality enables our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience in both sales and service environments and to generate strategic insights in customer management. The ipSCAPE platform also leverages AI-based technology and intelligent algorithms at the core of applications such as our Virtual Agent Voice and Predictive Dialler.
With the recent deployment of our new platform on Microsoft Azure, ipSCAPE is on a rapid growth path to expand to an even larger global customer base. This will require an enhanced operational and technical foundation for the company to achieve scale, resilience, and commercial viability, with the capability to manage several new clients and partners in multiple geographic regions.
Reporting to Head of Operations, the Platform Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure of ipSCAPE’s platform, managing the monitoring and alerts for the application platform, and automating processes to drive operational efficiencies. You will be technically hands-on and work closely with backend engineers to optimise the performance of backend services.
Required skills include:
- Public Cloud Management & Operations (Azure preferable)
- Experience managing MySQL databases
- Strong experience with Linux based operating systems
- Knowledge in monitoring applications like New Relic, Grafana
- Strong IaC experience
- Collaborate with the development team to use automation to refine, provision, and manage infrastructure and operational processes
- Create solutions for the design, documentation, and maintenance of our cloud services in Azure
- Establish a new Monitoring dashboard for the ipSCAPE platform with great monitoring practices
- Understand, build and/or maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Administration operation and support (on-call), disaster recovery planning & testing, and Patching
- Manage risk by reporting, planning and testing disaster recovery scenarios
- Drive Test, UAT and Production deployment plans and execution in the environment pre automation.
- Provide input on best practices for development, operation, and automation of processes
- Monitor and optimise the environment to ensure it runs smoothly and scales well
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 5 plus years’ experience in infrastructure management, including Linux, monitoring tools and exposure to various tools and applications in production critical environments
- Have a good understanding of the DevOps domain with 3+ years experience
- Experience in managing cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- Deep knowledge of Centos or Oracle Linux – Version 7 and 8
- Debugging & scripting skills – strong experience managing MySQL databases
- Experience with Apache HTTPD, Nginx
- Experience with monitoring applications like New Relic, Grafana is desirable
- Proven strong experience in three or more of these tools: Terraform or/and Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Git
What you get
- To work with a genuinely positive and creative team
- Ability to drive and influence the direction of the platform
- Put your mark on a global product
- Free Pilates and HIIT classes
- Internal Social Club – amazing events planned throughout the year
- Fantastic location – North Sydney CBD close to all amenities!