ipSCAPE is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) company with its head office in North Sydney and a large national presence servicing multiple government and enterprise clients across Australia. In addition, the company has expanded via international partners who distribute ipSCAPE software to clients in over 30 countries throughout Asia and Europe.
ipSCAPE offers multi-channel customer experience technology with feature-rich solutions and advanced integration capability with leading CRM and Business Intelligence applications. This functionality enables our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience in both sales and service environments and to generate strategic insights in customer management. The ipSCAPE platform also leverages AI-based technology and intelligent algorithms at the core of applications such as our Virtual Agent Voice and Predictive Dialler.
As part of a small team in a growing scale-up, this is a key role in the company’s growth strategy. ipSCAPE operates in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment which requires flexibility, adaptability, and initiative plus excellent communication, organisation and problem-solving skills.
With the recent deployment of our new platform on Microsoft Azure, ipSCAPE is on a rapid growth path to expand to an even larger global customer base. This is an exciting period to join the company and play a key part in the delivery of our strategic roadmap, working with industry-leading cloud and security technologies, and products.
We are looking for a passionate, sales-focused and solution-oriented Senior Business Development Manager to be responsible for bringing in new business. The primary responsibility of this role is to promote and sell ipSCAPE’s Software as a Service contact centre technology platform. Key tasks include Lead Generation (cold calling prospects), qualification of leads, facilitating product demonstrations and closing deals.
As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building your own pipeline of opportunities, maintaining a thorough knowledge of our business and offerings, and coordinating with internal teams such as the sales director, marketing team, product engineering and customer support team to ensure that ipSCAPE’s products are aligned with feedback from the market and to deliver on expectations.
An ability to build and maintain strong relationships & developing an active pipeline are crucial requirements for this role.
This role will be focused on selling across multiple industries, and you will be supported by a pre-sales, Marketing and business solutions team who will facilitate the complex product demonstrations and assist with the completion of RFP’s. Our marketing team will work closely with you to develop targeted messaging, customised collateral and will keep you up to date with industry news and events.
What will my responsibilities be?
Your main duties as a Senior Business Development Manager will include:
- Proactively identify and develop business relationships with potential new clients who might benefit from the purchase of services and products from ipSCAPE and turn these leads into clients
- Build specialist knowledge of each target vertical
- Work on possible business opportunities through Tenders
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Research and identify new prospects and commence engagement by cold calling to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients, conduct product demonstrations with planned approaches and pitches and negotiate agreements
- Develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Negotiate the pricing and implementation of ipSCAPE’s services and products with customers and prospective customers in order to satisfy the needs of the customers and also to deliver the services and goods in a way that is profitable for ipSCAPE
- Participate in weekly sales blitz activities and Marketing Initiatives to generate new opportunities for ipSCAPE
- Achieve sales targets to help the company achieve its growth with confidence
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM Salesforce
- Develop and meet the forecast for personal sales targets
- Develop and regularly update sales success plans laying out strategies and tactics employed to ensure targets are achieved
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Work with pre-sales team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or RFP’s) are fulfilled within a timely manner
Marketing, Communication & Events
- Provide feedback and ideas to sales and marketing on how the company can do more to generate quality leads
- Attend industry functions i.e., industry-specific events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and competitor offerings
- Develop knowledge of ipSCAPE products, services and pricing structure
- Sales Driven – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationship Building – Advanced
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Excellent prospecting, lead qualification and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in small, dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Approachable, personable and professional
- Ability to build long term relationships with staff, suppliers, prospects and clients
- Trustworthy, dependable and acts with a high degree of discretion
- Works to build a culture of energy and enthusiasm with a high degree of motivation and determination
- Ability to balance and manage the expectations of varied stakeholders
- Experience using CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce)
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills with a solution & consultative sales approach at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a business development solution sales role
- 2 + years of experience selling SaaS products and/or working in the contact centre industry
- Experience selling into multiple verticals is essential
- Demonstrated capability to meet & exceed sales targets
- Experience presenting to senior stakeholders