Join our growing company!
Based in North Sydney, ipSCAPE is the Australian leader in cloud contact centre technology, empowering thousands of contact centre agents, supervisors and managers across Australia, Asia and Europe. Our SaaS helps our clients and partners deliver an outstanding multi-channel customer experience, and improve the way their business connects with the world.
We are looking for dynamic and innovative people join our team. As a Software Engineer, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience – we need someone passionate about technical excellence, with an intuitive product mindset.
As part of a small, tight-knit development team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and maintain ipSCAPE’s cloud contact centre Software as a Service. You will also be part of exciting developments, such as implementing new product features, fixing bugs and continually enhancing the product’s features and performance using an Agile (Scrum) development framework.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Refactor inefficient PHP code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
What skills do I need to have?
- Strong knowledge of PHP and PHP frameworks
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Strong knowledge of REST APIs and OpenAPI specifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP design patterns
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience using message queue systems
- Experience using caching systems
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Proficient understanding of Git
In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be highly desirable:
- MySQL administration, optimisation and tuning including such aspects as partitioning, replication, etc.
- Software architecture, with skills in designing and implementing APIs for both internal and external use
- DevOps processes and tools (including Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Open-source media platforms such as Asterisk, Kamailio or FreeSwitch
- Knowledge of telephony and media protocols (e.g. SIP, RTP, etc)
And, if you have experience building contact centre applications, that would be even better!