Are you passionate about being involved in the software development lifecycle? Are you up for joining a highly collaborative team while improving your personal skill set? Do you have a strong desire to be involved in a team that pushes the boundaries of current QA industry standards?
Get to know us
ipSCAPE is a cloud-based multi-channel customer experience technology company with feature-rich solutions and advanced integration capability with leading CRM and Business Intelligence applications. We have a large national presence servicing multiple government and enterprise clients across Australia and to clients in over 30 countries throughout Asia and Europe.
As a Test Engineer, you would work within the QA team to ensure that new product features are thoroughly tested. You’ll be involved in various aspects of test processes ranging from, but not limited to, test plan, execution and automation while having the opportunity to conduct hands-on testing (performance & automation) and validating systems to meet design specifications and requirements documentation in an agile environment. You’ll have the opportunity to bring new ideas and processes to further refine our QA standards.
Our developers build complex contact centre software, and you would work closely with them to ensure product quality. Due to the complexity of our platform, you must be a deeply analytical person, who has an eye for detail and enjoys solving complex problems.
- Take ownership and accountability for end-to-end testing approach
- Test planning to ensure that all testing requirements and deliverables are met
- Requirement’s analysis and review and identify Test Scenarios (Functional & Non-functional)
- Preparation of testing scenarios and test cases
- Test case execution, testing new software, validating business rules and ensuring that all software works as expected and create and maintain qualitative test documentation (including strategy, test plan, test cases and test summaries)
- Defect management & reporting, recording properly identified defects, in a way to easily analyse defects
- Liaise with various project stakeholders to ensure QA standards are met
- Participate in QA and Software Engineering discussions and share knowledge
- Assist in support for production releases
What will you learn?
- Software testing fundamentals (design and implementation) and QA processes
- Manual, Automation and Performance testing
- SQL Skills and Java Skills
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Root cause analysis skills (Functional & Non-functional).
- Web testing and QA Methodologies within SDLC (Smoke, Regression, etc)
- Voice over IP
- Bachelor’s Degree of 4 years in Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or 2+ years of equivalent experience may be considered
- Basic understanding of how to read and write SQL queries in database systems
- Familiar with software QA Tools and processes
- Understand testing methodologies and techniques
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- A passion for SAAS Products and Technology
Preferred but not essential criteria
- Experience working as a software test engineer or equivalent
- Experienced in JAVA
- Experienced in utilizing, designing and developing test automation
- Experienced in designing and developing test strategies, test methods and identifying problem scenarios
- Knowledge utilizing Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket
- Hands-on SQL skills – syntax for data validation
Why work at ipSCAPE?
- Work with a genuinely positive and creative team
- Ability to grow; our culture is focused on employee development and career enhancement
- Put your mark on a global product
- Internal Social Club & Fitness
- Fantastic location – North Sydney CBD close to all amenities!