Join our growing company!
ipSCAPE is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) company with its head office in North Sydney and a large national presence servicing multiple government and enterprise clients across Australia. In addition, the company has expanded via international partners who distribute ipSCAPE software to clients in over 30 countries throughout Asia and Europe.
ipSCAPE offers multi-channel customer experience technology with feature-rich solutions and advanced integration capability with leading CRM and Business Intelligence applications. This functionality enables our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience in both sales and service environments and to generate strategic insights in customer management. The ipSCAPE platform also leverages AI-based technology and intelligent algorithms at the core of applications such as our Virtual Agent Voice and Predictive Dialler.
With the recent deployment of our new platform on Microsoft Azure, ipSCAPE is on a rapid growth path to expand to an even larger global customer base. This will require an enhanced operational and technical foundation for the company to achieve scale, resilience, and commercial viability, with the capability to manage several new clients and partners in multiple geographic regions.
This is an exciting period to join the company and play a key part in the delivery of our strategic roadmap, working with industry-leading cloud technologies, and products.
As the TEST LEAD, you will be accountable for the coordination of all testing activities and deliverables across ipSCAPE.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Enhancing ipSCAPE efficiency through performance testing, automation testing and coordination of offshoring deliverables;
- Enhancing customer experience through effective risk-based testing; and
- Collaboration with Engineering and other teams to embed quality into the development lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to lead and conduct hands-on testing (performance & automation) and validating systems to meet design specifications and requirements documentation in an agile environment. You will also be responsible for establishing and leading an offshore team for the entire testing activities and reporting on deliverables internally . This role will work in a collaborative environment alongside the development, platform, and client support team.
- Take ownership and accountability for end-to-end testing approach and drive continuous improvement in testing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead the coordination of testing activities including; test planning, estimating, resourcing and execution
- Convert manual test cases into automation test cases and maintain the test suite
- Develop and implement automation tools for product testing: develop framework and scripts to cover functional testing
- Establish and lead an offshore team across project deliverables and report on progress to internal stakeholders regularly
- Embed a standard risk-based testing methodology including a documentation (strategy, test plan, test cases and test summaries) and test-related reporting (progress, defects etc.)
- Collaborate with Software Engineering and other teams to embed quality into the development process and agile delivery methods whilst identifying and resolving issues identified during testing
- Share knowledge and mentor team members
- Be analytical and proactive in identifying issues or risks and communicate to key stakeholders
Required Skills for the role
- 6 years’ Software Engineering testing experience in leading the delivery of end-to-end testing (including all key test phases)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of automation concepts and experience with automation tool e.g.- Selenium Web driver and/or Cypress
- People Management experience leading in a contemporary agile environment
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in performance testing – technical hands-on experience with testing tools e.g.- JMeter and/or Blaze meter and/or similar
- Knowledge utilizing Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Hands-on SQL skills – syntax for data validation, API testing
- Strong web testing and QA Methodologies within SDLC (Smoke, Regression, etc)
- Knowledge of AZURE services and testing approaches in public cloud environments
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting skills and project management skills with continuous improvement mindset with multitasking ability
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and delegate effectively and keep the team informed and accountable for project deliverables
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships and translate test results for interpretation
Desirable Skills for the role
- Telecommunication/Contact Centre business knowledge
- Experience managing an offshore team
- Ability to effectively write code in Java and/or PHP and/or any similar OOPS language
- Experience in working with SIP and SIPP
We will offer you:
- Dynamic and fast-growing business with an exciting vision and strategy for growth
- The opportunity to build and lead a testing capability that’s critical to the business
- Training and development opportunities
- Social and Fitness Wellbeing initiatives
- An open, inclusive and collaborative Work Culture