Job Title: Azure DevOps Engineer (Platform)
Hours: Full Time
Location: North Sydney Office
Join our growing SaaS company!
With the recent deployment of our platform on Microsoft Azure and our Strategic Partnership with Microsoft, ipSCAPE is poised for incredible growth and so we are expanding our fantastic DevOps Team in Sydney.
Get to know us
ipSCAPE is a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) company with its head office in North Sydney and a large national presence servicing multiple government and enterprise clients across Australia. In addition, the company has expanded via international partners who distribute ipSCAPE software to clients in over 30 countries throughout Asia and Europe.
ipSCAPE offers multi-channel customer experience technology with feature-rich solutions and advanced integration capability with leading CRM and Business Intelligence applications. This functionality enables our clients to provide an exceptional customer experience in both sales and service environments and to generate strategic insights in customer management. The ipSCAPE platform also leverages AI-based technology and intelligent algorithms at the core of applications such as our Virtual Agent Voice and Predictive Dialler.
With the recent deployment of our new platform on Microsoft Azure, ipSCAPE is on a rapid growth path to expand to an even larger global customer base. This will require an enhanced operational and technical foundation for the company to achieve scale, resilience, and commercial viability, with the capability to manage several new clients and partners in multiple geographic regions.
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the Azure DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure of ipSCAPE’s SaaS platform, managing the monitoring and alerts for the application platform, and automating processes to drive operational efficiencies. You will be technically hands-on and work closely with engineers to optimise the performance of backend services.
- Experience with Azure Public Cloud Management & Operations
- Strong IaC experience using Ansible and/or terraform
- Strong experience managing Linux based operating systems
- Experience managingMySQL databases
- Knowledge in monitoring applications like New Relic, Grafana
- Experience with network elements, protocols, and routing
- Collaborate with the development team to use automation to refine, provision, and manage infrastructure and operational processes
- Create solutions for the design, documentation, and maintenance of our cloud services in Azure
- Manage Monitoring dashboard and alerts for the ipSCAPE platform
- Understand, build and/or maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Planning, designing and implementation of High availability services and disaster recovery plan
- Provide input on best practices for development, operation, and automation of processes
- Monitor and optimise the environment to ensure it runs smoothly and scales to the required load
- Be part of a 24×7 on-call support roaster
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Azure experience in managingcloud infrastructure
- 5 plus years’ experience managing Linux infrastructure, using various tools and applications to monitor and debug production critical environments
- Solid understanding of the DevOps domain with 3+ years experience
- Deep knowledge of CentOS or Oracle Linux
- Proven strong experience in three or more of these tools: Terraform or/and Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Git
- Investigation & scripting skills (bash, python, php)
- Strong experience managingMySQL databases
- Experience with Apache HTTPD, Nginx
- Experience with monitoring applications like New Relic, Grafana is desirable
What you get
- To work with a genuinely positive and creative team
- Ability to drive and influence the direction of the platform
- Put your mark on a global product
- Fantastic location – North Sydney CBD close to all amenities!